Sunday, October 28, 2007

Update on the Jericho, WWE Viral Campaign, Cyber Sunday situation.

First and foremost, go check out http://www.savior-self.com/, or http://www.saveus-222.com/ Look at the countdown clock. Where it is right now, has it ending at 10:30pm tonight. So it's pretty much a lock that something is going down post-WWE title match tonight. Whether it's Jericho or not is still kind of up in the air. Check out this interview he did with the Long Island Press:
Here's what Jericho said about a WWE return:

You know, I can honestly say that I don't know for sure when, but I will tell you as well that even if I did I'm a magician. I keep my secrets and my tricks to myself, and I like that. I think it's one of the things I've always enjoyed about wrestling. And once again, going back to the way I was when I was a fan, I don't think it's fair or good for fans to know everything. And as much as it's great to have technology and it's cool that people know [more], I think it's also cool when people don't know, and that's something I've worked very hard to make sure that...it's still good to be surprised. And I think that everyone will agree with me that in a day and age where people know things before they happen, I don't think that anyone is going to know my story until it happens. And I think people in a vacuum would rather have it that way.
So where does that leave tonight? It's entirely possible that the clock could be Edge, though it wouldn't make much sense at all. All signs have pointed to Jericho from day one, so for it to be anyone other than him would be really be shocking. I'll be disappointed if it's just Edge. WWE needs someone like Jericho back, more than they need Edge to return early. Plus, I can't see them devoting a campaign like this to Edge.

On the topic of the viral campaign, and more importantly the websites I posted up top, check out this article I came across.

-- We have very interesting news, more evidence that Chris Jericho is returning soon. Based on information gathered from a WHOIS search, savior-self.com and saveus-222.com are registered to Joseph Perkins from Entertainment Services based out of Stamford, CT.

Joseph Perkins is a director for WWE. The following is news release from 2000 mentioning Perkins:

Joseph Perkins has been a Director since 1999 and is a member of the Audit and Compensation Committees. Mr. Perkins was a pioneer in the television syndication of wrestling matches and is President of Communication Consultants, Inc.

Now with the link with Perkins, WWE, and the SAVE_US domain websites it clearly is an indication that they have major plans for Chris Jericho's return. From my knowledge after studying years of marketing, it looks like the WWE marketing department has found other methods of advertisement instead of the traditional on-air Titontron with the Save_Us.222 and Save_Us.x29. It is something like what the team at Transformers did with the sector 7 website. Same idea but marketing a completely different product.

Now as many of you know, rumors have surfaced for a month or so that Chris Jericho is making his return to WWE. What I just reported is something to take into consideration but nothing is guaranteed. However, one thing is for sure. If they put so much time and effort to creating websites and putting links on WWE.com to the save_us campaign, it will be something huge.
To say WWE don't have their creative minds in the right place with this would be wrong. They're doing a great job, and I just hope they pull through at the end, and don't have an 11th hour screw up. I'd expect tonight's pay per view to have massive buyrates. People want to see where this is ending.

No comments :

Post a Comment