Tuesday, December 28, 2010

12/27 RAW quick hits


I would say overall that RAW was OK. Not great but not bad. Here are some random thought about the show, wrestlers, and angles.

- Ted Dibiase is so far down the ladder, I don't know if there is a way back. He needs a change quickly. Cody Rhodes is doing much better on Smackdown. It’s getting so bad that I wouldn't be surprised if Ted is "future endeavored".

- I like CM Punk in a leadership role, so him leading the Nexus is fine with me and should work out. The problem is Wade Barrett. Where does he go from here? On his own? To Smackdown? Does he turn face?

- Batista and Brock Lesnar...these are guys they are trying to get for Wrestlemania. It’s no coincidence that the announcers and some wrestlers with mic time are bringing their names up.

- Really enjoyed Sheamus/Orton. That's what they need to do more of.

- Not sure about Morrison/Miz at the Rumble. I thought Morrison screwed up when he said the match with him and Miz was next week. Hopefully a no contest of some kind will stop the match and they move it to the Rumble. It's exactly the kind of title match they have for that pay per view event. If not, who will they go with? I heard a rumor Lawler vs. Miz at the Rumble. Please God NO!!!!

- I'm sensing Bryan/Henry/Kid triple threat for the US title. Soon.

I don't know about you, but I am running right out today and grabbing the Bobby Heenan DVD. If you are a younger fan or just not familiar with "The Brain" I strongly encourage you to check it out. It should be laugh out loud funny. His type of character is sorely missed these days.

2 comments :

  1. I think Morrison is a horrible title contender. He sucks as a face, and no one will believe he'll take the title from Miz, he's just a filler challenger.

    Hope you will review the Heenan DVD, want to see if it's as good as it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that Morrison will probably not win the title, but I think the match could be a very good one. It could springboard Morrison up the ladder and put him in the main event spotlight. It could lead to a title win for him later down the line, like Jeff Hardy. Jeff was beaten by Orton at the Rumble in 2008 and went on to win his first World Championship later that year, in December.

    ReplyDelete